Friday, December 20, 2019

Commission of the Congo. You can't go wrongo with the Congo.



The Temple's Botanica! More coming soon!


In Puerto Rican/Voudou or Sanse, the Indio Commission is the waters by which the Cosmic Loa, Gran Simbi Rey del Aqua, also known as the Taino Skyfather, Yocahu, rains down his divine influence over the tradition. So prevalent within Puerto-Rican Spiritism, the Indio commission has within it a near stand-alone and separate tradition of Indio spirituals. However, as watery as Sanse is, Puerto Rican Voudo is not without its fire. 

Enter the Commission of the Congo spirits. 

The Congo spirits are the dynamic and oppositional force to the Indios. Rather than calm and still, the Congos are aggressive and often restless spirits, eager to work and prove their strength and well-deserved reputation. The Commission of the Congos is a large and diverse one. A giant spiritual court consisting of warriors, hunters, sorcerers-witch doctors, Kings, Queens, slaves, and herbalists. Many Congo spirits come through other courts such as the Slaves, Madamas and Madamos, and the Court of the Shamans. 

The Congo spirits are famous for their formidability, courage, and tenacity. The spiritual equivalent of Pitbulls. If there was a"left" hand path of Sanse or Puerto Rican Voudo (there isn't, but "if" there was), the Congos would be that path. The Court of the Indios are not to be trifled with, but there is something a wee-bit spicier, and the sting a little bit sharper when the Congos perform their labors.  

When you look at a traditional Puerto Rican Voudo altar, you will see Indios on the floor to the right of the table, and on the left side, Congos on the ground. These two mighty commissions act as the stabilizing pillars of Sanse, balancing and activating each other. The water and the fire, creating steam and steam the active agent for all the spirits to interact. The Congos make sure the Indios don't get too complacent, and Indios ensure the Congos don't just run wild.

Another interesting thing to consider is that Sanse is a Loa driven tradition, not Orisha. Most of the New World and African Diasporic slaves were from Western Africa. The mixing of Congo and Dahomey spiritualities gave birth to Voudo and Haitian Voudou being the lineage from which the Petro Loa came to earth. The Petro Loa are served through Congo means and with Congo inspired songs and drumbeats.

The inclusion of the Congo Commission and its placement within Puerto Rican Voudo is no mistake and undoubtedly no coincidence. Sanse does not deal specifically with the Petro Loa like Haitian or Dominican Voudo does and most definitely not as the secret societies of Haiti such as Makaya, Zobop, Loupgarou, or Bizango do. Still, their influence can be brought down by a Chief Loa and their flavor detected in the Congo Commission.  

Without the Congo court, Sanse would belong to the Orisha via the Court of the Africanos, and be more similar to Afro/Brazilian spiritists faiths such as Umbanda or Candomble. 

The Congos are breakers of black magic and curses par-excellence. They lift hexes and resolve causes with ease. Watching them defeat evil is like observing a big scary scorpion be unmercifully swarmed and devoured by thousands of Army ants. Enemies can throw their worst. It matters not. The Congo spirits overwhelm whatever is sent, then follow its trail back to whoever sent it. 

As a priest or Tata of Palo Mayombe, any Mayombe ceremony I preform is a Congo spiritism session in the purest sense. However, even those who are not initiated into Mayombe can still perform very effective Congo spiritualist sessions through Sanse, or Puerto Rican Voudou. After Baptism, one could receive a Cauldero Espiritual or Spiritual Cauldron. The Cauldero Espiritual is a bloodless version of the N'ganga or Prenda used in Palo Mayombe. A strong focal point for the Congo spirits and the counterweight to the Indio Pot. 

Similar to how I conduct weekly Indio Cordons, I do the same with Congo spiritist sessions and for the exact same reasons. I believe the cleansing and tempering with hot and cold energies, water (Indio), and fire (Congo) make me a stronger medium, priest, warrior, man, and ultimately human. This frequent application of alchemical temperance makes it damn near impossible to hurt me spiritually. I'll admit, I enjoy hearing about the continual mishaps and calamities which befall my enemies. In fact, ruination has become so commonplace for a few of my enemies I can now tell which is an Indio or a Congo version of returning their evil upon them.  

All they need to do it stop coming at me.  

The Court of the Congo spirits is served with red and black. They enjoy Tobacco, water, spiced rum, and okra. They really like hit black coffee with a little dark rum and three red chili peppers in it. 

Offer the Prayer to the Congo Spirit and start drumming a congo beat or turn on some Congo drum music. The Congo speak through the earth and fire, the flowing of the blood and the dripping of sweat. Rhythmically sway and use your hands and fingers to play different beats on your body (you are a drum... a profound mystery there). Through movement and heat, the Congo interface.

Prayer to the Congo Spirit

Oh Glorious Congo Spirit, for your virtues, you have entered the Kingdom of Heaven. You have obtained the Holy Blessings of God. You are a leader of the heavenly commission of spirits, and you are surrounded by Angels.

I an admirer of your strength and courage, knowledge, and wisdom, ask in the name of the Father, Mother, Son, and Holy Spirit that you fill my body with your powers and help me in separating the evil thoughts my enemies send towards me.

Free me Oh Congo from the snare of the Devil, and the embrace of his demons. Vanish from me all evil spirits and bind their hands and feet, may they never reach me.

Oh, Glorious Congo, With you at my side, I shall defeat my enemies, and with your strength, I shall overcome all my obstacles. With your sublime powers that have been given to you by God, I ask that you help me with my daily needs.

Guard my home against envy, jealousy, and bad faith, and free me of all negative influences. I light this candle in your honor and ask that you illuminate my path. Amen.

Another prayer, lesser-known, but quite common in my temple, is the Prayer to the Black Christ. The world Christ mysteries have remained largely secret and little by little I will reveal what I can. However, any people who suffered have their own redeemers. These redeemers will hear the prayers of anyone and seek to help and give protection and elevation. The people of the Congo are no different. Speak this prayer too.

Prayer to the Black Christ Congo Spirit

Oh Divine redeemer from the Congo,
Oh Divine redeemer from the Congo,
Oh Divine redeemer from the Congo,
You who have suffered every ignominy,
I beg of you not to allow the same to occur to me, oh friend.
May my mate remain true. May my belief not be threatened,
May you guide my every step,
May all bad things stay away, and all good people come my way.
Grant me luck in all my endeavors.
Peace at work and in the street,
and keep my family on the straight path.

The Sanse practiced at my Temple is advanced, becoming better and more refined. My Temple and I will continue to revere the Commission of Congo spirits, developing and progressing spiritually while offering prayers for the advancement of everyone else. Interested in learning authentic Sanse, Puerto-Rican Voudou, and Congo Spiritism? Consider joining our Temple

Ayibobo

-Papa Machete que ganas todas las Batallas

The Machete leads the way and defends all who follow.


Papa Machete que ganas todas las Batalas is a world-renown circus trained Strongman, Occultist, Martial Artist, Remote-Viewer, Psychic Investigator, researcher, Voudou and Palo Mayombe Priest, author, activist, and adventurer. Spiritual Father of the Temple of the Machete Who wins all Battles, and offers services through his Online Shop. Papa Machete welcomes all people, of any race, gender, orientation, or ability. His only conditions are that you love God, love humanity, and are willing to stand for what is truly right, not just what is popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment